Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Toyota Gives Me Confidence

I had a very surreal moment recently at my grandmother's house. Her, me, and my father sat in the living room and discussed the recent Toyota recall.

"How is everything going, with the recall that is? I mean is it affecting you guys?"

"Honestly, it did shortly but everything is fine now. Toyota customers love their cars and they know they will be well taken care of."

My reply was automatic and for a quick second I felt like I was talking to a customer, assuring them that everything would be fine. Well I guess you could say she was a customer, but she was my Grandmother first! I should note that my Grandmother had recently traded in her 2000 Rav4 for a newer one.

She knew I wasn't pitching her a line because I drive a recalled vehicle with the same confidence I want my customers to drive with. I can get defensive about Toyota products but her questions were genuine so I answered them quickly as if I was reading her my answers from a script. The last few weeks has taken a toll on Toyota's reputation, however, the next sentence my Grandmother said gave me a true sense of pride in the product I sell.

"My Toyota gives me confidence."

She went on to tell me how it got her out of some thick snow, how her friends love the color, etc. Her confidence fueled mine and it feels great. I gave her a hug, walked out the back door, and drove my Corolla home.

No comments:

Post a Comment