Sunday, October 4, 2009

Toyota Floor Mat Recall


Recently, Toyota has issued a safety advisory for floor mats found in a number of different Toyota models, the cause of the recall was a major accident in California which took the lives of 4 people. To learn more about this horrific accident, I turned to the Internet,while researching, I found the news articles to be a little biased in some cases, but mostly informative. The blogs, being blogs were obviously biased. What I can`t seem to grasp, are all of the comments under each article. Some people, just commented on the fact that they`ve never had a problem before. Some people sympathize with the victims of the crash.What was shocking to me, was the bash fest on the Toyota brand.

Born and raised in Youngstown Ohio, I totally understand the "Buy American" viewpoint that most people have. My father started working at GM when he was 20 and then Delphi, until recently when he took early retirement. We have always had GM cars. So, when I told my dad I was going to work for Toyota and Honda, I was a little nervous. We had a long talk about the brands, and, he obviously knew way more than me. He also told me that they were solid brands to work for. He told me to be open minded and I was. I learned alot about both companies, and I learn more everyday, but I really believe I`m selling a great product.


But, back to the bash fest, I couldn`t believe it! I really felt, like I was reading a lot of really uneducated responses. Some people were fighting through their messages, some people were making up facts,(which I know because I researched it). I just couldn`t believe what I was reading. I felt like they were using this as an excuse to say horrible things about Toyota, and losing sight of the fact that people had lost their lives. In the end, I think that we should learn from the things that happen in our lives, and if we can, work on making ourselves better through that. As a company, I feel that Toyota did the right thing. And my heart goes out to all the families affected by this terrible accident. To learn more more about the recall and how to proceed from here, please follow the link provided below.

http://www.prestonauto.com/floormatrecall.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment