Thursday, October 1, 2009

Making the Soccer Mom or the young Playa' look good




We all know the typical stereo type for the modern day SUV driver, which is usually a Mom who is family oriented and somehow ends up driving all the neighbor kids to soccer practice. Now don't get me wrong, for many Americans the practicality of the vehicle they drive is all they really care about. So when Bobby told me that the 2009 Pilot was going to be my new demo to drive lets just say I was a little less than thrilled. I mean come on I have an image to uphold here?!?! Then I saw him pull around my Black on Black Honda Pilot EX-L and all my preconceived notions were thrown out the window....


The first thing I noticed was the amazing presence the vehicle had when pulling up to the curb. The front end was squared off and almost looked tough! This Pilot had a prominent grill which glistened silver under the sunlight and contrasted perfectly with the brilliant black paint. Going around to the back of the vehicle I noticed the dual chrome tipped exhaust that signified, dare I say...sporty?? I jumped in the driver seat eager to see if the Pilot could live up to its new rugged exterior.

I knew Honda was known for setting the standard for a high quality interior but this was really over the top. The electroluminescent gauges are a work of art and really need to be seen to appreciate. Heated front seats and leather upholstery everywhere made me feel like I was in an Acura. The 3.5L V6 performs extremely well in this vehicle and lives up to the fact that Honda makes the smoothest engines in the market.

Once I had the engine revving a little I hit the stereo system and tested out Honda's 7-speaker sound that comes standard with a subwoofer. This system was great. The bass hit hard enough to get noticed at a stop light and the clarity of the speakers makes listening to music a blast.

Add in the fact that this SUV comes standard with a third row of seating and we come to the conclusion that this is really is not just for the family oriented driver. It offers plenty of luxurious amenities that make it a true drivers crossover. Let's just say it was a sad day when I had to give my demo keys back.

No comments:

Post a Comment