Thursday, September 24, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!


Let me begin by saying, I really don`t know anything about cars. I came from working in a predominately female industry. I was a manager for a very busy Salon and Spa. I worked closely, with about 100 women, on a day to day basis. So, needless to say, walking in to the Automotive Industry, I was a little freaked out. Hearing all the stereotypes of how women are treated, and the "skeezy" car salesman, I thought I wouldn`t last a week. To be honest, the first week of training I was still a little skeptical. And then I realized, I can do this. It`s really just customer service and talking to people, and if I can do anything, it`s talk.

Now that I`ve been in the industry for about 5 months, I couldn`t be happier. I truly enjoy being able to help my customers. Everyday I learn something new, whether it`s one of my coworkers teaching me the difference between crew cabs, access cabs, and regular cabs or one of my customers reaffirming my belief in the quality of the vehicles we sell. Now, I`m not gonna sugarcoat it, it`s not all rainbows and butterflies. I still have challenges that come up. I have some customers that refuse to deal with me because I am a woman. I have people who don`t take me seriously because I`m a woman. There is still ALOT I need to learn to become successful in my position. But, as you can probably guess, I just wanna have fun. And, I have alot of fun doing my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment