Thursday, September 24, 2009

Is this really a Honda??


Growing up we all have certain hobbies that we are interested in and activities to occupy our time. It just so happens that my hobby was learning everything I could about cars. I loved looking at the pictures and reading about the horsepower and the different 0-60 times (A measuring standard used to asses acceleration abilities) of my favorite vehicles. Now I have to admit that back in the early 90's when I was picking my favorite exotic cars, the Honda Accord didn't exactly fall on that list (the accord would have been on my dad's list).

Then I took a look at the redesigned Honda Accord coupe. Every time it went down the road I did a double take. From the sleek cat like projector headlamps to the chrome door handles on the V6 model, I had to admit that this car looked stunning! The V6 comes standard with 18" rims and dual chrome exhaust, everything you need to catch gazes from all jealous by-standers. Alright so it looks muscular and fast...big deal..how does it drive? With 271hp available at your command lets just say there will be many premium German luxury sedans that will catch a good view of your exhaust tips.

I sat in the drivers seat and couldn't believe how perfect the layout of the controls. The leather wrapped steering wheel came standard in my model (EX-L V6) and was great for holding my grip when I was taking those tight bends around the road. I can honestly say that this car made driving fun. Just to prove that this wasn't the Honda Accord I saw in car magazines in the early 90's, I tested out the acceleration of the 271hp engine and lets just say...there is a black BMW that could probably tell you my license plate number.

No comments:

Post a Comment